About the project
This new series is the first of it's kind in the digital world, where MaatiBaani is recording songs and making videos with more than 70 musicians across the world by, only using the internet. This will be a 6 song series, an audiovisual stunner for the music loving audience in the digital space.
MaatiBaani is a world music band that blends the sounds of the world into a beautiful melody. With a niche focus, their digital releases have focused on creating original songs blending traditional Indian music with traditional and modern artists of other countries.
My role is to lead the production from finding the artists to publishing the series. Responsibilities include building the database of international artists who have a unique style of playing, getting them on board for specific songs, maintaining smooth communication, ensuring all audio and video material is transferred to begin post-production in Mumbai and bringing the audio-video-sponsors together for release.
How it works
- With the songs and artist database side-by-side, we determine the list of artists that would be a good fit for each song. The database contains multiple artists who play the same or similar sounding instruments (in the case of rare or endangered instruments).
- We approach the artists, explain the concept and logistics to them.
- Once they are on board, we send them the rough song.
- Following a conversation with our music producer, the artists sends us their high quality audio recording.
- We find a cinematographer in their location, send them visual references and give them a de-brief on the song.
- The cinematographer ensures that we get high quality footage for the main music video, artists' promo and behind the scenes. Every song has 5-10 artists, whose cinematographers send us their footage
- Audio-video teams edit and produce the song package in our studio in Mumbai, India.
Key Achievements :
Kartik Shah: Music Producer, Co-founder
Nirali Shah: Lead Vocalist, Co-founder
Aparna Ashok: Project Manager